Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Who is being more rude?? Poll




So we came across these bumper stickers in a store in Branson, and just had to have them (I know, I know, I take terrible pictures, sorry).
Here's the question. Is it terrible to put the pink one on Monte's chair? I do think it's pretty funny, but we do try to be good ambassadors as special need kid parents...


Also, we are so tempted to photocopy the parking one and then leave it under windshield wipers throughout our days...
It's the worst at school, especially when it's raining. There are 6 designated drop off zones for other parents to use, but each of them have stairs, so we can't use them. There are then 3 handicapped spots in front of the school, and at least 5 parents who have to use them. So many times when we come, they're all taken, by parents of kids who are fully capable of walking up the steps. They park and walk in with them...and fill the spot for a long time. The other regular spots are usually full from the teachers and administrators. I've tried to tell a few parents how rude it is, usually nicely, sometimes warning them of the 100$ ticket they can get for parking there, and you wouldn't believe the belligerence I get. It's downright despicable. Just a note: I have to unload the wheelchair, walker, backpack, lunch cooler, Monte, and Piper, then carry it all in without any help. So it's not that I'm lazy, I just really need to park close!!
Just thought a little background info would help explain our attitude!


What do YOU think? We're curious what your attitude on it is. Do it or refrain?


Also, anyone want us to mail you your own?

5 comments:

Higley's said...

Claire,

Please don't put the pink one on his chair...that makes me want to cry!!!

The parking one I could see being funny.

Love ya!!

Rileigh said...

I think you have a wicked dark side... and I like it. If you want to be good ambassadors I would suggest not.

Molly said...

I don't see anything wrong with putting it on his chair. I think it is all in good fun and it doesn't make you any less of a good ambassador. I think most people would laugh and ask what tricks he could do and those that don't like it..........so what!!

Craig

Mrs. O said...

I say do it and mail me a slew of the parking ones. It shows you have a sense of humor. And let's face it, that's mighty important.

Tiffany said...

I love it! I especially love the parking one - I could use it often. Really, I think it is all in good fun, and it drives a point home, with a little humor.