Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hesitant

We came home Wednesday evening, blessed with a comfort meal provided by one of our good friends here in Branson. Doug had to work, so I fed the kids and we call crashed in my bed. You know you're tired when the pre-packaged, pre-prepared Caesar Salad bag looks like too much work. I skipped it, then ate it for lunch the next day. Very delicious, very comforting. We had a calm couple days of catching up on life...then Monte started having small tonic clonic and focal seizures last night. He had 4, then the emergency medication kicked in. He and I stayed home from church so I could keep it quiet and calm for him...and he had two more. Not sure how to help now, will call Dr.'s in the morning. (On-call doctor's usually just increase medication).
Hanging in there, worried about Monte and pretty tired...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, Claire...I am praying for comfort and energy and inspiration for you...mostly inspiration and that the doctors will be guided. If you need or want me to come, please say so. Also, my sister is only 5 hours from you when she's in OKC and my brother's girlfriend is only 2 hours away (from both St Louis and Branson...she's in the middle at Fort Leonard Wood). And my Aunt Arva is only a plane ride away...after she read your blog last week, she was ready to get on that plane! So, please know that we are ready and willing when needed! Until then, you all are in our thoughts and prayers. My dad and his friend both put Monte's name in the Columbus, OH temple on Thursday...I guess they both figured the other might forget! We love you! Give the kids loves for us.

Tiffany said...

Sometimes life stinks...man, you've had your share lately. What seizure meds is he on right now? I hope your neuro is helpful,and doesn't just overmedicate him. Kathryn just had hip surgery and heel cord lengthening surgery - and she's in a body cast for a month. Fun times. Keep your chin up, things have to get better, right?? :)