Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies


I've had a few requests for recipes lately, and this is incredibly convenient for me to put them here. I have several other favorite recipes, check my past posts.

Just in case anyone else wants a wonderful dessert idea, I'll share it with you. Let me know if you cook them!

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

These are addictive, and wonderful! My mom used to make them a lot growing up, and I'm so glad I have the recipe, we love to make them and share them, they look really fancy. Also, it helps a lot if you actually sift the dry ingredients together, it blends the cookie a lot better.


1 3/4 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup shortening

1 egg

1/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp salk

1/2 cup cocoa

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 bag marshmallows

chocolate frosting


Sift flour, powder, cocoa, and salt. Set aside. Cut marshmallows in half. (Easiest to use kitchen shears dipped in water). Cream sugar and shortening, add egg, vanilla and milk. Beat wel. Add dry ingredients. Drop by tsp on greased baking sheet. (Or roll in balls). Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Remove from oven and press 1/2 marshmallow on top of each cookie. Bake 2 minutes more. Cool. Make sure marshmallow is firm and frost with chocolate frosting. (Make from scratch using the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa package, or cheat and use purchased frosting).
I'll add another picture with frosting on it later.

No comments: