Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Monte's New Look







Before:


So, we decided to embrace the terrible haircut that Neuro-surgery gave Monte, and use it to help us all laugh a bit. Seriously, the scars and stitches are so much worse this time, and it looked kind-of frightening. So, we cut the rest into a mohawk, spiked it, and put blue gel in it. Then we took it out for a test run...we got so many excited comments about the hair, only 2 noticed the scars. Whew! Now all the kids at school want one, we took him today for about an hour so he could practice getting back to his routine. Unfortunately, he cried for most of it, and then threw up on the way home. He clung to me after that for about and hour and a half, just sobbing. It breaks my heart, he loves school! I'm sure it's just been a traumatic experience for him this week, and it will take awhile for him to return to his old activities. He's sure an amazing kid, I'm having a hard time adjusting to being away and sleep deprived, and I didn't have any surgeries.
During...
Loving it! Thank-you for all of your prayers, it's been a really overwhelming time, and we're still trying to return to 'normal.' But we're thrilled that Monte's home, he's eating and playing again, and starting to feel better, improving everyday.

8 comments:

Higley's said...

Oh the crying picture makes ME want to cry!! I hope his hair grows fast! I haven't seen Monte FOREVER...he is looking like such a big boy now!

Brandi said...

I am so glad Monte is home and doing better. I'm sure you are all exhausted. I hope you get caught up on rest and can get back into a routine. We're still praying for your family!

I'm adding your blog to my list--I hope that's okay. :)

Heidi said...

Jeron will LOVE Monte's hairdo! I'm so glad he's feeling better. I hope you're getting back to a schedule that allows for more sleep for you!

Spar-Mar Girl said...

That haircut is AWESOME! It makes him look so grown up though. I'm glad to hear he's back home, and we'll keep praying for sleep(for you) and a fast recovery(for everyone).

Ramona said...

Monte is a real trooper and an inspiration to us all! I'm glad to hear that he is home and on the mend, and hope that you'll all be rested and back to your normal ole routine in no time. I LOVE his new look...so hip, so handsome, so grown up!

Mrs. O said...

I love the awesome haircut, now he just needs a temporary tattoo and an earring. I'm glad he's feeling better, you had quite a scare.

Tiffany said...

I'm glad to hear that Monty is home...you have been through so much! I also love the new 'do - really, it is stylin' (which is hard to do after those neuro head shaves). I hope Doug finds a new job soon. If you ever want to chat, you know my number. You are all in our prayers.

Patricia Costello said...

Oh Claire! I'm just now catching up on your blog...do you think retro-active prayers count for anything? I'm so sorry your family had to go through all of this, but I'm glad Monte's home and is the envy of his classmates. Love you guys!