Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Fogelquist Family Coming to a Station Near You!







Saturday we had the opportunity to "appear" on two different radio stations in Springfield as part of a fundraiser for Children's Miracle Network. We are so grateful for the help they've given our family since we've moved to Missouri. They provide money for the travel and hotel stays for some of our St. Louis hospital stays, and have helped with extra therapy (PT/OP) since the last seizure. We talked about Monte, his conditions, what a blessing he is in our family, and the help the program has given us. I cried the first time, it was just overwhelming at the moment! (The radio host cried too, it made me feel better). The second station went much better, Doug and I both got a chance to talk and have some fun with it. They loved Monte and his Mohawk. (Lots of sponsors called in after we talked, it was nice to feel that we'd made a difference). Here's us with the radio hosts, and the grand total for the day. (Incidentally I had a period in my life where I planned to be a radio host...it was kind of serendipitous for me!)

No comments: