Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wicked! Fun

My first taxi ride, love how the skirt is twirling around me!

Doug and I were able to go see Wicked! in Kansas City last weekend, and we had an amazing time. I bought a new outfit for the event, and just felt like a princess. So, indulge me, here are a few pictures of the dress (mostly for my sisters and mom!)... I even bought strappy heels, and made it through the entire night without breaking my leg. Whew! We had babysitters for the kids, and spent the entire night alone. We even got to sleep in. It was wonderful
BTW-LOVED the musical...hated the book! Just in case!
Cute window display...

Doug looked fantastic!

Elevator shot, taken by a nice man on our way from our room on the 27th floor of our 4 star hotel.



11 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! I'm looking forward to seeing Wicked when it makes it's way to Salt Lake next year. I've been dying to see it. I've heard such great things from all of my friends who have seen it multiple times. I didn't mind the book, although it took awhile to get into it and I can understand why people haven't liked it.

Spar-Mar Girl said...

You look amazing Claire!! I LOVE the dress! I'm glad you were able to get away and have some alone time. I'm also glad that you liked the play-even if you didn't like the book. :)

Shari said...

Great dress! You look great! How fun to get away like that. Good for you! I'm so jealous... I am dying to see the play.

Mrs. O said...

You both look great! I've not seen that musical yet, but it sounds so fun.

Heidi said...

LOVE the dress! You look great. Glad you got to get away...we should consider that sometime...?!

Cherie said...

Claire you look absolutely stunning!! Doug to! I'm so glad you guys had a fun evening :)

Tiffany said...

Hi Claire! You look great, and I'm so glad you had a fun weekend away. I can't wait for Wicked to come here next year! I just started our family blog too, so you'll have to check it out and keep in touch. :)

Becky said...

I love this blog post! What a fun date! Claire, you look absolutely beautiful. I just LOVE your dress!

Unknown said...

That's great you got to have some time with your hubby. It's definitely needed for moms and dads from time to time. I've heard lots about "Wicked". Actually, while we were in London a few weeks ago on a trip with Dave's family, we saw "The Sound of Music", while the rest of his family saw "Wicked". We all liked both plays, but I'll have to put that one on the "next" list!

The Downey Family said...

Your family look so great!!! I can't believe how old Monte has gotten and now you have a liitle girl who is absoluely beautiful. You guys are amazing

Sara said...

Claire I this is Sara Slagle (Susov). Its good to hear you liked Wicked the musical but not the book - I didn't like the book at all but I kept hearing about how amazing Wicked was...good to know I'm not alone