Saturday, August 23, 2008

Piper's 2nd Birthday!

We are so proud of our little Princess Piper, and so grateful to have her in our family! She is a joy and a blessing...and a tornado of energy, she keeps us busy! 2nd Birthday=2 pigtails!










She picked out her own cake mix and helped make the cake, her favorite activity.
Her favorite word of her birthday, "WOW!!" and we heard it a lot, she was so easy to please. Wowing over the cake and showing the Pooh stickers she put on the cups and napkins for her party. We had a few 2 and 3 year olds over for a Winnie the Pooh party, with bee and bear crackers, Tigger tails, (Orange and black rice krispies), honey, (apple juice), watermelon, cantalope, grapes, strawberries, and carrots (for Rabbit). She loved it, it's all her favorite foods. We also send home bags with gummy bears and Winnie the Pooh suckers that I quickly made while she was asleep. (HOT!)

9 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, Piper is getting so big! I am very impressed with Doug's cake decorating too! You all look great!

BevWel said...

I can't believe how big Piper has grown since Cathy and I were back there in February! Love her new do! Doug, the cake is great! Did you learn about that from your Mom? She made some fabulous cakes for you and your brothers. I wish I could have been there for the party. Sounds so fun!!! You are so creative Claire. Love Grandma Bev

Spar-Mar Girl said...

Ok, that cake is insane! Doug can come make cakes for me whenever he wants-I totally botched Reagan's this year.

I can't believe how big Piper looks! The pigtails are too cute. Looks like she had the exact birthday she wanted. Yeah for Piper!!

CamEmKoford said...

Hey Happy belated day!!! What a fun party it sounds like, yes dougs skills are insane.. I love the two piggies so adorable she is looking more and more grown up....crazy huh ok well wish you here to plan something super fun for tinks bday ... last minute party plans and i dont have your creative genius..
ps my reunion was awesome i will call you this week and tell you about it .. and cams new job and everything we are doing...(staying here)
pps monte too handsome first day of school, i remember the little baby in the ICU.. so long ago..love ya

emkoford

Merry said...

Hi Doug and Clair! It's your long lost friend Merry Haymond! I need to invite you too my blog. Piper I so cute!

Cristi Lou said...

Claire, I saw your blog on Lucinda's blog. You have a beautiful family. Wow, Piper has grown. I haven't seen her since she was just a few months old before you moved to Missouri. Looks like you're doing well and have done some fun things recently. :) Cristi Higley

Cherie said...

I loved reading all of your new posts Claire :) Especially the one of Monte's first day in First Grade! I remember his first day in pre-school. It made me cry to think he's getting so big :) How fun! Is Piper's birthday August 23rd? If so, that's the same as Brody's! I didn't know that! I miss you guys and I'm glad you are having fun!

Cristi Lou said...

I now have a blog myself. Take a look at it. It's: reidandcristi.blogspot.com. I'm excited to see your blog too. What a cute family! Keep in touch!

onecent said...

DOUG AND CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited to see that you blog!! YEAH! this is going to take me some time to catch up on reading about you.... but I will!
We have a blog too.. email me your email address, and I'll send you an invite, because it's set to private :)
onecent74@hotmail.com
Adam and Penny TIdwell