Saturday, August 23, 2008

Monte's First Day of First Grade






Monte started first grade on Thursday, so thrilled and missing two teeth! He's lost one on the bottom and one on the top! The other lower tooth just keeps wiggling...

He was so happy to be back with his same helper, and his new teacher seems so sweet. She's happy to have him in her class, and really wants him involved. (This is why we moved to Missouri!!!) I cried a little dropping him off...he's just a big boy now. It's actually his 5th year of school, 3 preschool, then K, but still, this is a big transition for me. Piper missed him so badly all day, we had a friend come over to play to make it a bit less lonely.

4 comments:

BevWel said...

Yeah! First grade! We so much enjoyed visiting Monte's school, having lunch with him and being his "show and tell". Seems like yesterday. We were impressed with his helper teacher and glad he has her back. It was a good idea to have one of Piper's friends come over for the first day so she would not miss Monte so much.

Spar-Mar Girl said...

He's in the big leagues! I can't believe how big he looks. That's sweet that Piper missed him. I'm guessing it won't take very long to figure out she's getting some one-on-one time with you and love that as well!

Mrs. O said...

Look how tall he is, I can't believe how fast they grow up.

Merry said...

Wow! I cant believe how much he has grown! I remember sending Garrett off to school. Zachary (#2) would softly cry "My Garrett" and wander around the house!