Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quotes That I Want to Share: Why being healthy should be a goal in 2012!

"How can I sit in the sun? It's a question every woman asks. How can I sit in the sun when so many people need me? How can I take the time for a workout? How can I meet friends for lunch? But just as I'm about to jump up and leap back into the life stream...the sweetness catches my attention. In a moment, the tightness within my chest eases, and i open my eyes to scan the tall pines around the clearing in which my cottage sits. The call comes again, solitary, it's beauty capturing my turbulent spirit, filling my heart with light, and-how?-the understanding that sitting here, resting and listening is what connects me to what's important in life...because when the spirit is still, the mind quiet, the body at peace, the whispers of God are everywhere."
Ellen Michaud- How can I Sit in the Sun?


"Most religious traditions view the body as holy. "When we take care of {our bodies}, we're also taking care of {our spirits}. We need a rich prayer life in order to remain full of hope, and we need physical health to fulfill our calling. If you don't have one, it's at the expense of the other."
Barbara Crafton- Diane Magazine

Secrets of Thin People: How They Get There, How They Stay There-Real Simple 2006
http://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/weight-loss/secrets-thin-people-10000001170137/index.html

No comments: