Friday, April 15, 2011

Allison and Lance

Ok, my trip in December really was an incredible week, it's taken 'till April to post it all! My family graciously let me fly to Idaho and Utah for a week to spend time with my sisters celebrating their big moments. One of those was to spend a few days with Allison and Lance, the newlyweds. Ok, this really is an incredible couple. I was touched by the affection and respect that they share for each other. They uplift and inspire each other, and help each other grow in a positive and fun way. Allison is an amazing cook and creative decorator, and Lance is a thoughtful, encouraging, computer genius. He prepared an amazing bed for me without even being asked, carried by luggage, and put up with a bevy of crazy Higley's without complaint!
And how many men do you know that would write and sing a farewell song tailored specifically to his 2 sister-in-laws? I did promise that I wouldn't post it on you-tube, but a blog doesn't count, right? Enjoy!!
It was sad to "Leave on a jet-plane" to go home again, but I had a million special memories to bring...
And I showed up to happy, clean, well cared for kids, and what seemed like a new house! It was clean, sparkling new, and filled with brand new things! Doug installed a new dishwasher, 2 new toilets, and a new faucet. What a wonderful husband!!


No comments: