Friday, July 24, 2009

A Few Camp Pics













This is how the campers are greeted as they arrive, with a LOUD roaring crowd.

Monte and his counseler, Brandon, and his mom, the "cabin mom."

Ok, I'm finally posting a few pics from camp, I'm still waiting for the rest of them to be uploaded onto my computer. He really did have a wonderful time, and they filled my camera with about 50 pictures, then bought him two disposable cameras to take more, honoring my request that they capture "Everything!" so that I knew what he did so that I could talk to him about it.





Follow-up: It's been almost 4 weeks since camp, but he still breaks out into a huge smile and laughs everytime we ask him about camp, or if he even hears the words, "Camp Barnabas." At physical therapy on Tuesday, he kept walking in his walker over towards another young man in a wheelchair having occupational therapy. In turn, the other kid kept trying to turn toward Monte instead of doing his game. I finally realized what was happening and asked, "Did you go to Camp Barnabas with Monte?" They both said yes, and got quite excited to have that acknowledged and to see each other again. Wow.





3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh Claire, what an amazing experience. So glad to hear that Monte had such a great time.

Mrs. O said...

That is so cool! Amazing that he recognized a fellow camp buddy. Wish we lived out there so Ty could go.

claire said...

So did you see my other comments? You can fly out here, send Ty and Katherine, and spend the week with us in Branson! We'll wine and dine you, entertain you at all the shows, take you to the outlet malls where I buy everything for mere dollars (Banana Republic dresses for me, 3.97, Cashmere sweaters 4.99, Children's Place kids clothes, 4-6$)...We'd love, love, love, it! Seriously let me know if you want to, we'll make it work.