Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rexburg Temple Open House






I stayed longer in Idaho with my family so we could attend the Rexburg Temple Open House. It was so cool to be there with my kids. Rexburg is where I went to school, met Doug, fell in love, met President Bednar and President Eyring, competed on the Speech and Debate team, played flute in the band, was VP of Standards Committee, ran for Student government,....and graduated from Ricks College. Such a special place for us!


My kids were wonderful, (although I kept slipping Monte cookies from the open house, he was hungry after the long drive!) My mom kept Piper with her, she was very calm and content through the whole tour.



7 comments:

WALLISVILLE said...

Oh, good old Rexburg. How can you not the love the place- even with the weather. I haven't been for too long, I can't wait to see the temple! Your kids are so cute, and BIG. Hope to see you soon!

claire said...

I know, my sister's neighbor got frostbite on her lungs this winter...that's cold!
You should definately plan a trip, it's changed so much! What years were you there?

Unknown said...

Claire,
Dave and I met there too! My sisters have gone there and my mom teaches there! My family lives in Blackfoot an hour south of Rexburg. I was a music major there and Dave in the Illustration program. We love it too! I haven't been since the Temple was just being started so I can't wait to see it done and maybe do a session or something.
I can't wait to see you guys we're going to go to the party at the Boyles!
-Leslie

Rezxena said...

Hey Claire, don't forget thats where you also met me. Your best friend from the family history center. Saying hi from Montana. Cryse

claire said...

Oh my gosh, it's Cryse! I have been trying to track you down for years! How are you! Where are you? How can I get ahold of you, I have temple names I've been playing tag with the Post Office for years....
So glad to "read" from you!!!

Rezxena said...

Hey Claire I still in the live in the same place that when you came to visit. Is this website to leave you my email address? Cryse

claire said...

Ok, sorry, Cryse, it's been a long
time since I've been online...I'm just getting back to you!
Your profile doesn't show that you have a blog...so do you? Can i pop over? Also, the last address I have came back 'return to sender,' it was the one on Ophir Court. It that still right? Leave me your email and we'll connect.