Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Make a wish Magic






So I finally made myself sit down and write thank-you's for Monte's make a wish. I know, it's terrible that I put it off so long, but how do you thank someone for something so marvelous? I know, I've hardly even talked or blogged about it, it was all just so miraculous and amazing to have this entire team work together to do something special for my kid. My amazing, wonderful, tough, superman son.

So, here's the gist of what I wrote, I though you should all know how wonderful these people are!!
If you get a chance, use them for your business needs, they're so generous and giving, I want them to be rewarded!
Conco Concrete, Wyndham Resorts, Branson Hot Tub and Spas, K&R Electric, Make-a-wish Foundation of Missouri.
"It has taken us a long time to write this thank-you because our hearts are so full it's difficult to articulate it. Thank-you for granting Monte's wish. It has been pure joy to see how much he loves it. For a sweet spirit like his to be the recipient of so much love in giving, we are blessed beyond anything. I know we will never know all the efforts that went into this process...but we do know that many people made great sacrifices. Please help us convey our gratitude to each of them. As I write this, Monte is in the hospital recovering from a major, painful, back surgery. We're so grateful that most of the days in the last few months have been filled with swimming in his awesome hot tub. He has leaned back into the soothing jets, splashed around in the waterfall, loved the lights at midnight when he's still awake and playing!!, and rocked out to the music in the speakers. It has brought him such comfort and joy, and will the the instrument that will help him heal faster. It has been, and will continue to be a blessing in our lives."

Here's some pictures from the party, thanks to our friends, family, teachers, and classmates that come to celebrate with us! It was a lot of fun, and did I mention that Mayor Presley came and gave Monte a key to the city? It was presented with a certificate that said, among other things, "Monte is a citizen that of whom Branson may be proud." Cool. Never got that in Utah!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Awe! Look! I made the blog! Missin' my boy! :-) Thanks for thinking I'm cool enough to make the blog. :-)